Saturday, May 18, 2013

Contest time!

As I mentioned in my last post, we are having a contest. And it's time for rules! Stop groaning, they aren't bad, promise.

What you need to do:

Write two paragraphs of the worst writing possible. Be funny. The contest is open until May 31st. Don't edit, leave every mistake possible.  Email your entry to cliffhangerediting [at] gmail [dot] com. Subject: Worst Writing Contest

Rules:

You can enter up to three times.
All entries are to be Times New Roman, 12 pt, 1.5 line spacing.
Do not be cruel to/about others. We want funny,but nothing cruel. Auto delete.

What's going to happen:

Robin and I will sort through until we find the ten we love the most. On June 3rd we'll post those ten, and I'll open comments to the general public. Voting, by the public, will begin for the top five.

Winners will be chosen by the amount of votes.

The prizes are as follows:

First Prize - comprehensive edit by Robin and me, including a detailed email. Approximate value: $600
Second Prize - two partial comprehensive edits of your first 50 pages, including detailed email from Robin and me. Approximate value: $50 each
Third prize - two partial beta reads with detailed email from Robin and me. Approximate value: $20 each.

And that's it! So get to writing! Can't wait to see what pops up in our inbox!